1. We respect your privacy
Thank you for visiting www.linkmate.com.au and/or App (“Linkmate”). This website and/or App is owned and operated by Linkmate Pty Ltd as trustee of the Linkmate Trust (ABN 55 908 239 513).
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers, App and website visitors. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
“Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. This includes information such as your name, email address or any other type of information that can reasonably identify an individual, either directly or indirectly.
2. What personal Information Is Collected
- We will from time to time, receive and store personal information you submit to Linkmate provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
3. How we collect your personal information
4. How we use your personal information
Linkmate may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information about our products or services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available.
Linkmate will use personal information only for the purposes that you consent to including to:
- provide you with products and services during the usual course of our business activities;
- administer our business activities;
- conduct quality assurance and training exercises;
- manage, research and develop our products and services;
- provide you with information about our products and services;
- communicate with you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to, by telephone, email, sms or mail;
- investigate any complaints;
- provide you with newsletters and promotional emails.
You may “opt-out” of communications.
If you withhold your personal information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our products and services or for you to fully access Linkmate.
If the users account is deactivated by the user or gets blocked due to irregular activities, the user data will be retained by Linkmate for audit and legal purposes.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
We may be required to protect you and/or others if the information you supply indicates that:
- you are thinking of seriously harming yourself;
- you are being seriously hurt by someone else;
- someone else may be hurt by you or another person.
If necessary, we may need to pass on your details to authorities such as medical authorities or the police.
We may disclose your personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, legal proceedings or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
We may disclose your personal information for quality assurance and training purposes to ensure that all users have an optimal and consistent experience.
If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases.
6. Security of your personal information
Linkmate is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Where we employ data processors to process personal information on our behalf, we only do so on the basis that such data processors comply with these requirements and that have adequate technical measures in place to protect personal information against unauthorised use, loss and theft.
7. Access to your personal information
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
8. Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to email@example.com We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
When you visit Linkmate
When you come to Linkmate, we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
Third party sites
Linkmate may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Linkmate is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave Linkmate, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.